Thursday 15 July 2021

Colours of the wild

 Colours of the wild: Mythsinart

As city dwellers we tend to disassociate ourselves from nature. The range of colors that exist around us in the wild is incomparable to minimum range that we observe in our day to day life. Exploring the wild brought out my inner fears. Fears of loss, grief, greed. To let go these fears that clench onto my soul is the biggest step towards freedom. This art piece of 2ft/3ft lifted up my soul as I continued my meditative journey through this painting.

There is a short story behind this painting, it's about my family, Kevin. This year on his birthday I decided to surprise him with a painting. Ultimately it took so long that I didn't finish it on time. I asked him as I continued drawing ,"how would you like it? In drawing or some soft colors here and there?". He replied, "in colors." I didn't paint with colors, even for once in the past 5 years. Hesitant, yet determined to finish it, I was very sure I would ruin. Slow and sound each day I sat down to fill up an animal at a time with colors but did not dare to touch the center. As I progressed I was more confident than ever that this was a disastrous idea. But patience and trust in oneself always comes with a beautiful reward. On 5th July 2021, I finally felt I could show the painting to him. I brought it out and yes fortunately he LOVED it.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Mahakali

Kali is the avatar where parvati, the shakti merges with shiva, the rudra or destroyer and attains victory over negativity. This negativity ...